On this page, all the exercises will be posted the day of the course.
If you have an error after opening a Netbeans project, i.e., system files are not recognized and highlighted in red, you can use the command dot_clean netbeansprojectpath in a terminal to delete these generated files.
Helpful Java moocs online:
Exercise 1 (21th September 2018) – Becoming familiar with lab & tool: Netbeans discovery
- Login: you should use your HEC username/password to login to FAME machines. If you do not know what is your HEC account or if you do not have a HEC account please follow the instructions in this link and create an account as soon as possible. While waiting for your HEC account to be created, you can use the “guest” account which does not have any password.
- How to use NetBeans IDE to write, run, and deploy a Java application: check this tutorial.
IMPORTANT: if you have any problem to create your HEC account or to login to FAME machines, please contact: Michel.Schuepbach@unil.ch
How to use NetBeans GUI builder
- In this exercise, you learn how to create a simple calculator (that only adds two input numbers) using Netbeans GUI builder. Before starting the exercise, make sure that you know the basic principles of Java Swing programming.
- Follow this tutorial to learn how to create a simple calculator using Netbeans GUI builder.
- If you have difficulties to use Netbeans GUI builder or if you need a more comprehensive guide to the GUI Builder’s design features, see this link .
Exercise 2 (28th September 2018) – ids-exercise-2-rmi
Exercise 3 (5th October 2018) – ids-exercise-3-concurrent-programming
Exercise 5 – The goal of this exercise is to create a TO-DO list application by following the tutorial of this document: start-developing-ios-apps-todo-list
Tutorials for iOS programming in Swift: